One of my friends calls shame, “the biggest interference on the planet at this time!”
I think that speaks volumes.
What does shame interfere with?
- Knowing the essence of our being is love and peace
- Being able to forgive self for mistakes
- Being able to forgive others for mistakes
- Extending love
- Living in a peaceful space with ourselves and others
- Knowing our rights and other peoples’ rights
- Being in the now
- Taking responsibility for our choices and being able to change our minds and choose again
- Basic trust
- Basic compassion
This is just the beginning of what shame interferes with. However, if you look at the list I have started you will see that what shame interferes with is what is good and what would move our world in the direction of healing.